|General Inmate Visitation Rules and Procedures – Laurens County Detention Center
- Visitation weeks begin on Mondays and end on Sundays 8:00 am till 10:00 am and 1:00 pm till 7:00 pm
- All visitors MUST have a valid form of Identification. (State driver’s license, photo identification card, passport, etc.)
- Laurens County Trustee Visits for males will be on Saturdays 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. OR 7:30 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. Arrive 5 minutes prior to either visitation. Visits will start on time; if you are late you will have to wait until the next scheduled visitation time, if one is available. Only the items approved for the trustees (example: cigarettes, phone cards, etc.), your visitor identification and your keys will be permitted into the secure areas of the Laurens County Detention Center. All other items (example: money, lighters, cell phones, etc.) in your possession will not be allowed during your visit with a Laurens County Trustee.
- Laurens County Trustee Visits for females will be on Saturdays from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Approved visitors may come between those hours and are allowed up to one hour and thirty minutes to visit.
- Male and Female Trustees are permitted to receive one carton of cigarettes per week by an approved person of the inmate’s choice.
- Inmates (non-trustee status) will be allowed one visit per week for up to one hour. The one hour visit may not be divided to allow for multiple visits in one week.
- All visitors must be on the inmate’s approved visitation list in order to visit with requested inmate unless the inmate is a Laurens County Trustee. Children 16 years of age and younger are not required to be on the list. Children are not to be left unattended and visitors will be required to keep children as orderly as possible.
- Only two visitors at a time are allowed at each booth per inmate.
- There will be NO FOOD OR DRINKS allowed in the visitation area.
- There will be NO CELLPHONES, CAMERAS OR POCKETBOOKS allowed in the visitation area.
- All visitors are to be dressed appropriately to include: Shirts and shoes are required, NO clothing exposing the chest, back, breast, thighs, arms or midsection, NO halter tops, tank tops, undergarment type tank tops, NO see through fabrics of any kind. Shorts can be worn provided they are not more than 3″ (inches) above the knee. Dresses and skirts will be allowed as long as they are of appropriate length.
- Items that can be allowed every three months are:
(3) three white t-shirts (no tank tops)
(3) three white underwear
(3) three pairs of white socks
(1) one thermal off white top
(1) one thermal off white bottoms
(3) three white sport bras for females (NO wired bras are allowed.)
(1) one SMALL lock with key (small locks only) if the inmate is in an open dorm unit
Religious books (MUST NOT have hard backs and MUST NOT have anything written or highlighted in them)
ALL CLOTHING ITEMS MUST BE PURCHASED NEW AND LEFT IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING. THE OFFICER
WILL REMOVE THE CORRECT QUANTITY AND RETURN THE EXTRA BACK AT TIME OF ACCEPTANCE.
- Any violation of the above mentioned rules and procedures of visitation may result in the immediate termination of a visit in progress and/or future visitation privileges.
Questions may be directed to the Laurens County Sheriff’s Office Jail Operations Center at 864-683-4055