Inmates are allowed non-contact video visits only,
unless the visits are from attorneys, clergy and other professionals.
The number and length of visits is based upon the inmate’s housing unit and classification.
How does a video visit work?
Video visits can be done two ways:
- From any computer with a high-speed Internet connection. Fees apply. This option means families and friends can talk with the inmate from home or their workplace – anywhere with high speed internet.
- From a kiosk in the jail lobby at the Robert A. Christensen Justice Center, 4000 Justice Way, Castle Rock, CO 80109. (Video visits are not offered at the sheriff’s substation in Highlands Ranch.)Schedule a video visit at the jail.
How do I schedule a visit?
Follow these steps:
- Create an account at the Telmate kiosk in the jail lobby (schedule a visit at the jail) or online at gettingout.com.
- Use a computer with a camera, microphone and speakers.
- Browser requirements: Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9, or Safari 4 or 5. The system does not support tablets or Smartphones at this time.
- Other requirements: The current version of Adobe Flash
- High speed Internet connection. You can test your Internet speed at speedtest.net.
- Test your camera and microphone at testwebcam.com.
When can I visit?
- Seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Inmates get two free kiosk visits each week. The week begins on the day of the week the inmate was booked into the facility, or every Thursday for inmates who were booked into the facility before February 27, 2014.
- It’s up to the inmate to tell potential visitors when they are available to visit. Please do not contact the jail staff for this information. For security purposes, staff will not release any scheduled visit or visitor information.
- Visits start promptly at the scheduled time. Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. If you’re late, you will only be able to talk during the time left.
How much does it cost?
- Kiosk visits in the jail (beyond the 2 free visits/week): $7.50 for 30 minutes
- Remote visits: $9.99 for 30 minutes.
- Free visits can only be scheduled by the inmate. If you schedule a visit, the system will show that it is a paid visit. Continue scheduling the visit and choose “Request or suggest visit time,” not “Book.” The system will use the inmate’s free visit if he/she approves the visit and has a free visit available.
Log into your www.gettingout.com account to verify that an inmate has approved a visit, to approve a visit request from an inmate, to send or receive messages and photos and to schedule a visit.
If you have additional questions, call 866- 516-0115 and a Telmate customer service representative will help you.
If you have questions for the jail please call 303-814-7045.
What are the rules for visits?
- The maximum number of visitors allowed per visit is three (including children)
- Photo identification is required (driver’s license, government issued identification card, military I.D. or passport.) Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If the visitor is a minor spouse, they must provide proof of marriage and photo I.D.
- All visitors are subject to search before entering the visitation area
- The visitation may be monitored and is recorded
- All visitors, including attorneys and official visitors, must be fully dressed in appropriate, conventional clothing which is not unduly provocative, suggestive, or revealing. Appropriate undergarments are required, but should not be visible
- No controversial/objectionable gang, obscene, drug and alcohol designs, messages or profanity on clothing
- Shoes are require
- No hats are allowed except for religious hats or headgear. In addition, gloves, scarves, or outer garments, such as topcoats, raincoats, jackets, and similar weather attire will not be permitted in the visiting area
- No offensive, loud or disruptive language
- No writing on the walls or partitions
- Do not put your feet on the walls or partitions
- Do not stack or rock-back chairs
- Cell phones, electronic devices, purses, bags and similar items are not allowed in the visitation room
- Only scheduled visitors are allowed
- Unacceptable conduct will cause your visitation to be terminated immediately and may prevent you from future visits
- Visitors must check in 15 minutes before their appointment