Collin County Detention Facility
4300 Community Ave
McKinney, Texas 75071
All visitors must arrive 20 minutes before scheduled visitation time. All visits are 25 minutes. Five additional minutes are added for walking time to Cluster.
Visitation rules and times may be downloaded in PDF format: Visitation Schedule
- Please note that visitation times are subject to change without notice.
- All visitors must be signed up to visit 20 minutes before visitation begins. Late visitors will not be permitted to go to visitation.
- Visitors will not be authorized to sign up more than one hour before visitation.
- All visitors are required to present valid identification displaying their photograph (either a current Driver’s License or Texas State Department of Public Safety Identification Card) in order to be issued a visitor’s pass.
- Visitors must appear on the inmate’s visitation list in order to visit.
- Only one adult visitor per inmate will be allowed each visitation day. Children will be allowed to visit on a space available basis. Children 16 years of age and younger will be allowed to visit only if they are a child of the inmate or visitor. This requirement would not apply to any individual who is legally married to an inmate.
- Inmate trust fund deposits will only be accepted through the bonds window Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm excluding holidays. For afterhours deposits there is a TouchPay Kiosk located in the Detention Facility lobby. You may also utilize TouchPay for online transactions. Other approved items may be left anytime.
- The jail will not accept messages for inmates nor can inmates receive incoming calls.
- All mail must go through the Postmaster. Front Desk personnel are not allowed to accept mail of any kind.
- Visitors must follow all visitation rules and be completely and properly dressed. Persons wearing mini-skirts, tank tops, transparent or provocative clothing will not be permitted to enter the facility. Shorts must be no shorter than 5 inches above the knee.
- No items are allowed to be taken back into the visitation area; this includes, but is not limited to (purses, backpacks, cameras, cell phones, etc.)
- The Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to deny any visit when there is reason to believe that the visit is not in the best interest of the safety and security of the facility.
All visitors must arrive 20 minutes before scheduled visitation time. All visits are 20 minutes. Five additional minutes are added for walking time to Cluster.
If you wish to block pay phone collect calls from the Detention Facility call 1-800-844-6591