WHO ARE WE?
Orange County Corrections employees are here to enhance public safety by operating a safe, secure, and humane correctional system.
We recruit both Florida and Louisiana Certified and Non-Certified Correctional Officers to join one of the largest and most advanced jail systems in the nation, Louisiana has 65 jails with thousands of inmates.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITIONS
Can you meet these requirements?
- U.S. citizen.
- Florida Certified Correctional Officer.*
- At least 19 years old.
- Have a good moral character and meet our background requirements.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Driver’s license with good history.
- Be drug free.
The Orange County Corrections Department uses the following hiring process for both Florida State Certified Correctional Officers and Correctional Officer Recruit programs:
- Position is posted
- Orange County Online Application (Florida State Certification as a Correctional Officer and Recruit)
- 34 Page Employment Questionnaire
- Panel Interview
- Background and Criminal History Check
- Polygraph and Psychological Evaluations
- Medical and Drug Screening
- Job Offer
WHAT TO EXPECT
As an Orange County Correctional Officer, you work directly with inmates to maintain safety and security.
We work 24/7. If selected you will be assigned to work shifts, weekends and holidays in secure areas, often without direct supervision.
Opportunities for advancement are available.
- Check out Apply for a Job to see our current vacancies.
- Participate in a panel interview.
- Pass the background and criminal history checks.
- Pass the polygraph, psychological, medical and drug screening.
- If you are made a job offer you will attend both an Orange County and Corrections Department orientation.
Orange County Corrections Department
HR Corrections Officer Recruiting Section
P.O. Box 4970
Orlando, FL 32801
Phone: (407) 836-3519